I’ve got to write on this thing more, but for now, some fun numbered goodness shall suffice.
1. We’re moving to a different apartment (in the same complex) tomorrow. We have a townhouse right now, and we HATE having 2 stories and the A/C flow upstairs is wretched, so we’re switching to a 2 bed/2 bath unit, which is an upgrade in that we get 2 full baths (we have 1.5 right now), a much larger living room, and more overall square footage. It’s a slight downgrade in that the bedrooms are smaller, as is the kitchen, but since we spend most of our time in the living room, we’re willing to make that trade.
2. Moving and packing burns lots of calories! I used my heart rate monitor this morning just to see how many calories I could burn while transfering things to the new place, and in 34 minutes I burned 400 calories! Heck yes! Unfortunately, since I sweat at the drop of a hat, I also had to pause so I could wring the sweat out of my hair. Kidding. Well, sort of.
3. I guess there was no reason for me to do “real” exercise this morning, but I had fun doing my dance DVD. I’m glad no one sees me doing them, though, because I’m sure I look completely ridiculous.
4. Despite 6 months of dance DVDs, I still lack skills. It seems that even when I am skinnier, I will never appear in a music video. Rats.
5. We have a lot of stuff. We just got rid of quite a bit at the community yard sale, but honestly, where did all of this stuff come from? And how do we make it go away?
6. I am rather sentimental when it comes to possessions, but even I have been tossing things left and right. Hopefully I won’t toss anything important, like our marriage license. (Don’t worry, that’s in a frame.)
7. I’ve lost 32.6 pounds now. I really think I’m going to make it to 40 by Sept. 8. If I don’t, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
8. I’m through feeling guilty about how I treated my body in the past, and I’m through comparing myself to others (more on these later).
9. I love having a heart rate monitor. If you’re trying to lose weight, it really is a must-have item.
10. Apparently, I’m not much of a hiker. I went to Nashville on Monday to see Diana, my dearest friend from grad school, and we decided to go on a 2.5 mile hike on Tuesday morning. I was excited because it would be something different from my normal workouts, and I didn’t think 2.5 miles would be a problem since I’ve walked that several times. Turns out walking in an air-conditioned room on a treadmill isn’t quite like hiking uphill in 82+ degree weather and 1000% humidity. Eventually, we had to stop because I started getting spots in front of my eyes and feeling like I was going to pass out. I was really disappointed we didn’t finish, but we still got in about 1.25 miles and 30 minutes of decent exercise. I was so hoping to report back and say I finished that trail, though.
We won’t have internet this weekend, and we’re uprooting all of our belongings, so the blogging? Non-existent. I hope everyone else has a great weekend!