Am I really blogging after 11 p.m. on a weeknight? Yes, yes I am. I am also currently coughing up a lung. I’ve been plagued with a nagging cold/allergies/sinus thingy for a week now, and I’m ready for it to be gone! Sore throat and cough and runny/stuffy nose do not a happy Erin make. (But apparently they do make me type sentences that Yoda could utter.)
A few confessions:
1. I have not run at all since my half marathon on March 31, unless you count the 5 minutes I ran last Monday with Charlotte in the stroller (after which I realized my calves were on fire and promptly slowed to a walk). The first 2 days were intentional rest days, but after that I just plain didn’t feel good. I am going to have to run soon, though, or before I know it I’ll be forced to go through Couch to 5k a 3rd time.
2. Even though I’m not blogging about weight loss, I still weigh myself almost every day. It keeps me in check.
3. I’ve had way more ice cream than is good for me the past few days. (Did I mention I’ve had a sore throat for a week? Ice cream is about the only thing that feels good on a sore throat. Well, that and milk shakes, which are also super healthy.)
4. I have cried during almost every single episode of Parenthood. I bought the first 2 seasons with Christmas money and just finished up season 2 tonight. I love the stories and characters on that show! One of my friends claims she loves it more than she loved Gilmore Girls, but I cannot commit to
that blasphemy such a statement. Parenthood doesn’t come close to touching my love of Gilmore Girls. Still, it’s a good show.
5. Easter is my favorite holiday. I am not sure why, but it has held special meaning for me this year, and I truly loved being able to celebrate with our church on Easter, as well as going to the Holy Week services on Thursday and Friday. Without Easter, Christmas would be meaningless. I am unspeakably grateful that because He died and rose from the dead, we can have life forever with Him!
I hope you all have a great week!
1. The weekend. Always the weekend. 🙂
2. March 23. Stephen and I both have the day off, which means date day! We are going to go see The Hunger Games and eat lunch somewhere and enjoy a carefree day.
3. My half marathon on March 31. My training has been so different compared to two years ago. There have been very few runs that I just haven’t enjoyed at all. Running has been much more fun for me this time around, but I’m not really sure why. I don’t think I’m doing anything differently. Maybe I’m mentally in a different place than before, who knows? Running is still hard, but I look forward to it in a way I didn’t before.
4. Painting my toe nails. This must happen soon, since we are definitely having some prime flip-flop-wearing weather!
5. Easter. I love Easter, and I am looking forward to celebrating it at our church.
What are you looking forward to?
During our purging/organizing session this weekend, Stephen and I found these:
Apparently I was once a wee bit obsessed with water bottles. But I did get rid of at least half of them in the purge! (I kept all of the ones from Sea World because Sea World is awesome.)
P.S. Blogger finally added threaded commenting, so now I can reply directly to your comments! That means you have to leave me some, haha. 🙂
In no particular order:
1. The tornado sirens are going off as I write this. It seems like the sirens have gone off at least once a week for the past month, and it’s getting very old. We lost power for at least 10 hours last night, and I hope we don’t lose it again tonight. Fortunately, Charlotte is completely oblivious to severe weather, which is definitely a blessing! I was in Memphis on Monday with my boss because we were meeting with clients, and the storm seemed to come out of nowhere. We were headed back a little before 1 p.m. and listening to the radio for weather updates and realized we were basically driving into the bad weather. Awesome. Of course I was thinking about Charlotte the whole time and praying that she was safe and that everything was fine. When we got back to Jackson, my boss was kind enough to take me by the daycare so I could go see her. I found her in the basement, and the workers told me she had been sleeping for most of the time they were down there, and I was so relieved.
2. I haven’t worked out since my first Couch 2 5k workout last Tuesday. There just don’t seem to be enough hours in the day for everything, and I am feeling overwhelmed and discouraged.
3. I feel like I will never lose the weight.
4. I think Charlotte gets cuter every day. Look at her on Easter:
It’s almost too much cuteness to handle!
5. I feel kind of like a bad mother when people ask me, “Is Charlotte sleeping through the night yet” and I have to respond in the negative. I think the longest stretch of sleep she’s gotten is 6 hours, and that was only once. We get excited if she’ll sleep for 4 hours.
Those are some things on my mind? What’s on your mind?