I realized as I was getting ready to post this that I’d already done this very topic back in 2009! However, I think I would change the list a little bit now. Here are my current favorite Christmas classics:
1. “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.” Still my favorite, and SCC’s version is still my favorite.
2. “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.” I just started to fully appreciate the words of this song this year. I love Bethany Dillon’s version of this song. It has a jazzy flair.
3. “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day.” Still love MercyMe’s version of this one, but Casting Crowns has a nice interpretation as well.
4. “O Holy Night.”
5. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.”
What are your favorite Christmas classics?
(I realize I haven’t done a Friday Five in approximately 1.5 years or some such ridiculous time span, but it’s never too late to begin again!)
1. I’m wearing pants I haven’t worn since being pregnant.
2. I’m at 183.2 pounds.
3. My baby girl has 2 more teeth, making the total teeth count 4. She currently has 1 on top and 3 on the bottom, and I hope she gets another on top soon so she won’t look goofy. Not that she could ever look goofy because obviously she is the cutest thing ever. Here she is attempting to leap off the recliner. (No worries, Stephen was holding her).
4. It’s payday. As Stephen said this morning, “Payday is yay day.” 🙂
5. It’s almost Thanksgiving, which means time with Stephen’s family in Illinois and time off work!
What are you celebrating?
Things I love about spring:
1. Easter. It’s such a meaningful holiday. I love celebrating the resurrection of Jesus.
2. T-shirts and flip flops. Need I say more?
3. March Madness. I’m no sports fanatic, but I love filling out a bracket (or two or three) and following the games. This year Stephen and I both filled out “serious” brackets, and then we also filled out one using coin tosses to decide who would win each game. I am sure that bracket will be completely ruined after the first round. Hehe.
4. The brown and gray of winter is replaced with the green of spring. I love the way the sky and the ground seem to just come alive in the spring.
5. Cadbury Eggs. Yummy goodness. I actually have yet to have one of these yet because I just want ONE, not a package of them, and I can’t find them sold individually!
What do you love about spring?
Since one of my goals this year is to read more, I thought it would help to plan ahead with my reading, so here are 5 of the books I intend to read.
1. Counterfeit Gods by Timothy Keller.
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
3. The End of Overeating by David Kessler
4. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
5. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Have you read any of these? What books would you recommend?
Don’t forget to enter the book giveaway if you haven’t already. You have until 5 p.m. CST!