It’s a new month, which means newish goals! I have a lot of room for improvement, and I don’t want the progress I did make in April to go away, so I am keeping some of my goals from last month and adding in new ones.
First, the old goals:
1. Go to bed by 10:00 p.m. This is a repeat from last month, and while I feel that I am doing well with this, I know if I took it off my official goal list, I wouldn’t be nearly as diligent about going to bed at a decent hour. I am going to give myself one night a week to stay up later than this, however.
2. Blog 3 times a week. I’m really doing this for all of you, dear readers. You know you can’t get enough! 🙂
3. Don’t eat after 8:30 p.m. I am changing this from 8:00 p.m. to 8:30 because we have been eating dinner later and later recently because Charlotte has decided not to go to sleep as quickly and easily as she once did, and we don’t eat until after she goes to bed. I also have been working out at night, and sometimes I want a little snack afterwards.
4. Exercise 3 times a week. I didn’t do a good job of this last month, so I am trying again, with the 10 minute minimum still in place.
5. Read Seeking God’s Face every day. I need my time with the Lord so badly. I wish this didn’t have to be a goal and that I just did this every day with no problems, but the truth is that I struggle with consistency in this area, so on the list it will stay.
Now, the new goals:
1. Log all of my food every day. I am back to using SparkPeople, and it has been really helpful for me. I wasn’t really tracking my food intake at all, and it’s scary how much I was eating without even thinking about it. My primary aim is to just track everything–the good, bad, and ugly–so I get back in the habit. It does me no good if I am not completely honest with my tracking, so even I if I have a terribly high caloric day, I am going to try and track every bite. (If you are on Spark, my username is Erin1022. Be my friend!)
2. Stay within 1800 calories a day. My SparkPeople range is actually 1250-1610, but I haven’t eaten in a range that low for a LONG time, so I am trying to be realistic for now and will reevaluate next month.
3. Only weigh myself once a week. I have been weighing myself almost daily, but instead of motivating, it’s just depressing me, so I am going to limit weigh-ins to Wednesdays.
4. Read one book. Yes, only one. It is embarrassing how little reading I have been doing. I have 2 books that I have started and would really like to finish this month (One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and Because He Loves Me by Elyse Fitzpatrick), but I will be happy if I finish one of these.
5. Write down 3 things I am thankful for every day. I have been feeling really discouraged lately, and I want to remind myself of how blessed I am and am hoping this practice will help.
I think 5 old goals and 5 new goals is enough, don’t you? : )
Do you have any goals for the month? Share them with me!