Am I really blogging after 11 p.m. on a weeknight? Yes, yes I am. I am also currently coughing up a lung. I’ve been plagued with a nagging cold/allergies/sinus thingy for a week now, and I’m ready for it to be gone! Sore throat and cough and runny/stuffy nose do not a happy Erin make. (But apparently they do make me type sentences that Yoda could utter.)
A few confessions:
1. I have not run at all since my half marathon on March 31, unless you count the 5 minutes I ran last Monday with Charlotte in the stroller (after which I realized my calves were on fire and promptly slowed to a walk). The first 2 days were intentional rest days, but after that I just plain didn’t feel good. I am going to have to run soon, though, or before I know it I’ll be forced to go through Couch to 5k a 3rd time.
2. Even though I’m not blogging about weight loss, I still weigh myself almost every day. It keeps me in check.
3. I’ve had way more ice cream than is good for me the past few days. (Did I mention I’ve had a sore throat for a week? Ice cream is about the only thing that feels good on a sore throat. Well, that and milk shakes, which are also super healthy.)
4. I have cried during almost every single episode of Parenthood. I bought the first 2 seasons with Christmas money and just finished up season 2 tonight. I love the stories and characters on that show! One of my friends claims she loves it more than she loved Gilmore Girls, but I cannot commit to
that blasphemy such a statement. Parenthood doesn’t come close to touching my love of Gilmore Girls. Still, it’s a good show.
5. Easter is my favorite holiday. I am not sure why, but it has held special meaning for me this year, and I truly loved being able to celebrate with our church on Easter, as well as going to the Holy Week services on Thursday and Friday. Without Easter, Christmas would be meaningless. I am unspeakably grateful that because He died and rose from the dead, we can have life forever with Him!
I hope you all have a great week!