Things I’m looking forward to in October:
1. 5:00 p.m. today. And every day this week. Haha.
2. Running in the morning. I was gently encouraged by my husband to get out of bed 30 minutes after my 5:30 alarm, and while it was a struggle of epic proportions to haul myself out of bed (and not just because I’m heavy, thanks so much), I am glad I did it. I got in a solid 25 minutes on dear old dreadmill and plan to repeat that tomorrow. I do have a 4 miler coming up, after all!
3. Getting my hair cut. I have blogged more than once about my hair woes, and I am super excited that on Oct. 21, I am getting a hair makeover! My mom found a salon in Memphis that a few people recommended, and she’s treating me to a hair makeover for my birthday. I am beyond excited and open to anything. (Hopefully the stylist doesn’t think that my new look should involve a mohawk.)
4. Pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. This is absolutely my favorite Starbucks drink, and I will definitely get one sometime this month.
5. My birthday. The big 3-0. I love my birthday, and this year is no exception. I’m really excited about turning 30 and starting a new phase of life!
6. Having one entire WEEK off of work. Yep, I took off the week right before my birthday. It will be my first true vacation since I started working at the law firm two years ago, and I am giddy just thinking about it!
7. Going to St. Louis with my honey. Stephen and I are taking a little trip to St. Louis the week I am off (he took off work too because he’s awesome), and we are going to have a blast.
8. Three full nights of uninterrupted sleep. We’re leaving Char with Stephen’s parents while we’re in St. Louis, and while I will miss her like crazy and probably feel guilty for leaving her, I am going to LOVE all the hours of sleep I’m going to rack up!
9. Getting Charlotte’s first Halloween costume. My workplace has a Halloween costume contest every year, and I am on the prowl for costumes for Charlotte and me. I thought it would be cute if we went as ladybugs, but all the adult ladybug costumes I’ve found are kind of slutty. Hmm…
10. Wearing sweaters. I love sweaters. They are pretty much my favorite thing to wear, and there is nothing better than snuggling up in a cozy sweater on a cold day and reading a book or watching a movie in front of the fireplace.
This list makes me happy. This month is going to be fantastic!
What are you looking forward to?