Now that the month of August is half over, let’s see how I’m doing on my goals, shall we?
1. No Facebook until I lose 5 pounds. GOAL MET. I weighed 187.8 yesterday, which is exactly 5 pounds down from my August starting weight, so you can bet that I logged right back on to Facebook! Maybe I should write a book called The Facebook Diet. The method works!
2. No bread for 2 weeks. GOAL MET. This was hard, but not as hard as I initially thought, and I wonder if abstaining from bread provided a boost to my weight loss as well. Even though the two weeks are up, I’m still going to limit my bread intake. I didn’t even buy any bread at the store over the weekend, except for some biscuits and crescent rolls that I am using for a recipe. I am going to try and have bread just once or twice a week for a while.
3. No fast food for 2 weeks. GOAL MET. This also wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be, although french fries did call my name several times. I enjoy having at meals at home, and it was nice not spending that extra money on eating out, although we definitely spent more at the grocery store.
4. Exercise 4 times a week. EPIC FAIL. Epic fail, my friends. I am ashamed to admit that yesterday was the first time I exercised all month, and that was only a 20 minute walk with Charlotte in her stroller. BUT, I’m pleased to report that I woke up at 5:40 this morning and took advantage of the GORGEOUS weather and went for a run. I ran for 25 minutes and then cooled down for 5. I was super pleased with this run because I haven’t run in about a month. Pitiful!
5. Spend time in Bible study and prayer every day. EPIC FAIL. I have really struggled with this, and I know it’s because my priorities aren’t properly aligned. I spend too much time on the Internet, specifically Google Reader, so I am limiting my time on there to my lunch break and trying to spend more time with the Lord.
So I did a great job of meeting my short-term goals for the month and need to work on stepping it up with my two remaining goals. If I do this, I can make August a really successful month.
How are you all doing on your goals? Brag on yourselves in the comments!