Thank you all so much for your comments on my last post. If you didn’t read them, go now! I have such wise, beautiful readers!
The month of July is over halfway finished, so I thought I would revisit my goals. I haven’t done a weekly report at all (shame shame), so here’s my lame attempt at playing catch up.
1. Get into the 180s. As of Saturday, I weighed 191.2, but my weight has been fluctuating like crazy every day, so who knows what it will say on my “official” weigh-in on Wednesday. It has been so long since I’ve seen the 180s, except for when I was gaining weight while pregnant. The last time I was in the 180s while LOSING weight was in the beginning of January 2010. So yeah, the 180s and I are long overdue for a reunion!
2. Complete one month of weekly strength training using this book, You Are Your Own Gym, as my guide. Umm, yeah, this goal? So not gonna happen. I tried two days of this workout and decided it isn’t for me. Even the beginner’s exercises were pretty intense, and I pretty much hated it the whole time. Strength training has never been my favorite thing, but I knew I would be even less likely to do it if I hated it, so I stopped. My new goal: 30 Day Shred 3 times a week. I’ve done it twice so far, and it’s hard but rewarding.
3. Wake up at 6:00 a.m. for Bible reading and prayer. I am doing terribly with this. It’s been hard the past week or so because Charlotte hasn’t been sleeping well due to being sick, and so even on some days when I was awake at 6:00, I was holding her. I really don’t know how to make this happen consistently until she’s on a more reliable sleeping schedule which will probably be when she’s five years old. I would love suggestions/tips for working on this goal!
4. Track all of my food and stay in range 5/7 days a week. I have gotten into a terrible practice of tracking my breakfast and lunch and then forgetting to track dinner, so I honestly have no idea how I’ve done staying in range. I think most days I’ve done fairly well, but I know this weekend wasn’t so great.
5. No eating after 8 p.m. I believe there were only 3 nights where I did not do this, so at least one goal is going fairly well!
I don’t have a whole lot of time to turn this month around, but I am going to do what I can with what I’ve got!