I decided it was time to change the blog, so I redesigned it and even gave it a new name! What do you think?
I don’t know about you guys, but June just FLEW by! I can’t believe the year is almost half over. Here’s how I did with my goals this past week:
1. Lose 6 pounds. Weight as of June 1: 196.4. Weight as of June 29: 193.2. GOAL NOT MET. While I wish that I had lost more than 3.2 pounds this month, I hope to never see those 3.2 pounds again!
2. Cardio for at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week. Success! Two of my workouts ended up being 45 minutes in length, including a stroller walk that I took with Charlotte on Saturday morning.
3. Strength training twice a week. Success! I finally met this goal 100%, in the last week of the month. Oh well, better late than never, right? 🙂
4. Read a Proverb each day. 6/7 days. I did MUCH better with this goal this week, although if I am honest I will say that while I read a Proverb 6 out of 7 days, I didn’t really stop to digest the truths in those verses every day, which is kind of the whole point in reading the Bible to begin with!
5. Eat within my calorie range 5 out of 7 days. I honestly don’t know how I ended up doing with this goal because I was a bad girl and didn’t track at ALL this weekend, but I am sure I went above my range definitely on Friday and Saturday.
I am pleased with how some things went this month, like exercising, but there are 2 areas where I really need to step it up if I am going to see real results on the scale: my eating and my time with the Lord. Obviously, I have GOT to do better than staying in range 4 times out of the week, end of question. I can exercise all I want, but as long as I eat more than I burn, I’m not going to lose weight. It’s as simple as that. And if I don’t take my time with the Lord seriously and take this battle with food seriously, then all of my efforts are in vain because at the root of all of this is my love of food over my love of God. If I can’t change that, then any other benefits are only temporary.
I am still thinking about what my goals for July will be, but I will definitely post them before the week is up. How did you all do with your goals for the month?
And since I neglected to post a picture of Charlotte on my last blog, here’s one for you today:
Man, I love that face! 🙂