May starting weight: 197.6
Weight as of 5/8/11: 194.8
LOSS of 2.8 pounds!
I am so happy with this weight loss! I was just thrilled when I saw that number on the scale on Sunday morning. (Happy Mother’s Day to me, haha). I am well on the way to my goal of losing 4 pounds for the month. Here’s a report on how I did on the rest of my goals.
1. Lose 4 pounds. Only 1.2 pounds to go!
2. Abstain from soda and chocolate candy and limit chips to one serving size. DONE! Chocolate called my name ALL.WEEK.LONG, but I stayed strong, even resisting the candy dish at work every time I had to pass by it. I did have more than one serving of tortilla chips on Sunday with my BBQ nachos, but I did really well the rest of the week.
3. Exercise 3 days a week for at least 30 minutes a time. 100% DONE! I finished week 1 of Couch to 5k.
4. Track all of my food either on SparkPeople or on the computer. 5/7 days. I slacked off on tracking over the weekend. I have to get out of the “weekends mean a break from weight loss” mentality that I’ve allowed myself to slip into.
5. Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. Again, 5/7 days. I did great during the week but struggled over the weekend to drink enough.
I feel really good about how I did the first week of May. It wasn’t perfect, but I think I did fairly well. I forgot how AMAZING it feels to strive for goals and reach them! I am going to carry this feeling of victory with me throughout this week, so I can maintain this momentum.