It’s been a while since I blogged about food, so I thought I would share some of the foods I am enjoying right now. I am always looking for good healthy foods, so if you have any to share, please let me know! I realize some of these are packaged and processed and therefore may not be everyone’s preference, but I enjoy them and appreciate how they fit into my lifestyle.
1. Nature’s Own 100% Whole Wheat Thin-Sliced Bagels. The name is entirely too long (albeit informative), but I really like these bagels! I don’t buy a lot of bagels because they are so calorie-dense and usually void of nutritional value, but these are sliced thinner and only have 140 calories compared to the 200 or 220 calories typical bagels have. Plus, the whole wheat packs in 5 grams of fiber! I spread a tablespoon of peanut butter over this and sometimes add a little honey, and it’s a great breakfast. You could also use them to make a deli sandwich for lunch!
2. Kashi GoLean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble. I have long been a fan of Kashi GoLean Crunch, so when I saw the GoLean Crisp, I had to try it. It did not disappoint. It has a good flavor without being overly sweet, and with 8 grams of fiber and 9 grams of protein, it helps me stay full longer.
3. Grapes. Okay, I admit I have blogged about these before, but I LOVE grapes! They are so juicy and crunchy and delicious, I could eat my weight in them. 🙂
4. Fresh blueberries. I just bought some of these at the grocery store this weekend, and I had some to accompany my peanut butter bagel. Fresh blueberries have the perfect sweet and tart combination, and they are so good for you!
5. V8 Fusion Light Strawberry Banana. I am not a fan of regular V8 because I think it is too thick and has too many calories for a juice. I don’t really like to “drink” my calories, but this juice only has 50 calories and contains a combined serving of fruits and vegetables. I make sure to only have the 8 ounces recommended as a serving so I don’t go overboard on the calories, and I find that the juice leaves me feeling satisfied when I am done. I know that it’s always better to eat REAL fruits and veggies, but I have to be honest and say that I don’t get enough servings of those in my diet, so this is better than nothing to me.
Now, I’d love to hear what foods you all love! What should I add to my grocery list the next time I go to the store?