First, I want to thank all of you for your supportive comments on my last post. It is so comforting to know I’m not alone and that I’m not crazy. 🙂
Second, Stephen and I got a Wii!! We got a tax return, and we looked for a Wii for a few weeks, but everywhere was sold out. Finally, Stephen found one online from Walmart, and it arrived on Friday. It’s so fun, and naturally we spent a good chunk of the weekend playing it.
Now, on to business!
February starting weight: 178.6
February ending weight: 176.8
LOSS of 1.8 pounds
While that number is definitely small, I am thrilled that I lost anything, and I would be happy just to maintain through March as I continue my half marathon training.
My February-specific goals:
1. Stop picking at my nails. I did really well with this the first two weeks, but then I completely failed the last two weeks (and it shows–my nails are stubs!). I am definitely going to keep working on this, though.
2. Don’t eat after 8:00 p.m. I didn’t keep a daily record of how I did on this, but if I had to guess, I’d say I did this about 85% of the time.
3. Go to the gym 8 times. 100% success. I went exactly 8 times.
My goals for March:
1. Run in one race. I haven’t picked out the race yet, but I know there are several to choose from. It will more than likely be a 5k.
2. Go to the gym 10 times. Since I did well with this last month, I want to increase the number to keep challenging myself.
3. Get up at 5:15 a.m. at least 4 times during the work week. I’ve written before about my struggle to find time for exercise and Bible study, and getting up early is really the ideal solution because I can accomplish both things and start my day off right. For the past month I’ve been setting my alarm for 5:15, but the days that I have actually gotten out of bed at 5:15 were certainly outnumbered by the days where I got up at 5:30, 5:45, or 6:00 a.m.. I am committed to making 5:15 my regular time, so I’m going to set a concrete goal to help me get there.
As for my year-long goals, here’s a quick recap of those:
Fitness minutes: 848 (goal for the year: 12,000; total so far: 1,368–I’m not sure I’m going to make this goal)
Calories burned: 8805 (no goal set–I just like tracking this) 🙂
Miles ran/walked/biked: 50 (goal for the year: 800; total so far: 78.5–Not sure I will make this goal, either)
Books read: 1 this month (goal for the year: 20; total so far: 5). The book I read is called A Praying Life by Paul Miller, and it was such a wonderful, practical book on prayer. It challenged me a lot about the way I view and approach prayer with the Lord. I highly recommend it. I’m also about 2/3 of the way through a fiction book, so I already know I’ll get more than one book read in March.
I blogged 3 times a week every week but one.
I am still working on finding a set time for daily Bible reading and prayer, but I‘m getting it done.
I have not yet run a 10k or half marathon race.
Phew, that was a lot of stuff! Bless if you if you actually read all of that. 🙂
What are your goals for March?