January Starting Weight: 181.0
January Ending Weight: 178.6
LOSS of 2.4 pounds
That’s not stellar, but it’s a loss, and I’ll take it. Now for a report on how I am doing with my goals.
My goals for January:
1. Complete SparkPeople’s January Bootcamp. FAIL. I didn’t even get a chance to start this, as I was sick for the first 11 days of the month. Also, our laptop is on the fritz, and since the bootcamp involves doing SparkPeople videos every day, I need to use the laptop to do so. It just didn’t happen.
2. Eat at least one vegetable at dinner every night. I did this probably 2/3 of the time. Nights when we had breakfast for dinner or ate out were nights where I tended not to eat veggies, but I definitely feel like I’m getting better at this. The problem is that the list of veggies that I like is rather short. I just don’t know how to make stuff I don’t like taste good (unless I drown it in cheese sauce or ranch, which I’m thinking isn’t the wisest idea).
3. Find a training plan for a 10k and research different 10k races. SUCCESS! But while I did find a 10k plan and a race (it’s in May), I have decided that I am going to train for a half marathon! There is one in Jackson on April 17, and I think I can do it. I’ve already started training, and I am just going to keep training and see what happens. I was a little scared to admit this on the blog because I’m kind of afraid I won’t be able to do it, but if I just keep it to myself, then I know it will be WAY easier to back out, so there you go!
Year-long Fitness/Health Goals:
1. Reach my goal weight of 161 pounds. I am 17.6 pounds away from this goal.
2. Run a 10k. It’s the next logical race for me to attempt, and I know I can run the distance if I stay committed. I am hoping I can find a 10k race to run in before my half, but so far I haven’t had any luck. I am still planning to run the one in May if nothing else works out.
3. Run a half marathon. Working on it!
4. Run/walk/bike 800 miles. I only logged a measly 26.5 miles this month, which definitely isn’t on target. I lost a lot of ground by being sick for almost two weeks.
5. Log 12,000 fitness minutes. I logged 670 fitness minutes, which is also well under the number I needed, but I am hoping to gain some ground in February.
Year-long Personal Goals:
1. Read 20 books (a blend of fiction and nonfiction). I read 4 books in January, which I am super proud of because that’s the most I’ve read in a month in quite a while.
2. Find a fixed time every day for Bible study and prayer. This is still a work in progress, but I am at least spending time in prayer and reading the Bible almost every day.
3. Write at least 3 blog posts per week. I did this the whole month of January. Yeah!
There were definitely some things I wish had gone better about this month, especially my mileage and fitness minute goals, but I have all year to get those numbers where they need to be. I am excited to see what February has in store. Stay tuned for my February goals tomorrow!