I found this fun little survey on Caroline’s blog (http://carolineandfredsmithwick.blogspot.com) and thought I would fill it out, too. Next week I will resume Friday Five with my top 5 Christmas albums!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, unless it’s oddly shaped, and then I will use a gift bag. I have really come to love wrapping presents!
2. Real tree or artificial?
I think we only had a real tree a few times when I was growing up, and I really think an artificial tree is easier to deal with. Plus, it’s better than killing a live one.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the weekend before or after Thanksgiving, depending on our travel plans.
4. Do you like eggnog?
Stephen likes it, but it is too thick for me. Plus, a ½ cup has 140 calories! That’s crazy!
5. Favorite gift received as a child?
Oh, wow, I don’t even remember. Probably something related to Barbies.
6. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, I have one that my mom passed on to me.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Stephen’s parents. They give us options.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I mailed cards last year, but I didn’t this year. Sorry.
10. Favorite Christmas movie?
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Sometime in November, but I don’t do the bulk of it until early December.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Pie. Or the monkey bread my mom makes. Yummy.
13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree?
We have clear lights on our tree, and I like them, but I also think colored lights are fun.
14. Favorite Christmas song?
“O Come, O Come, Emmanuel”
15. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
We travel. This year we will be in Memphis with my family.
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen, and of course Rudolph!
17. Angel on tree top or star?
We actually have a big red bow on the top of our tree.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning?
We have done it both ways. I am not sure what we will do this year, but it will probably be Christmas morning.
19. The most annoying thing about this time of year?
Shopping in crowds, all the hype about stuff.
20. What I love most about Christmas?
I love everything about Christmasthe celebration of Jesus, the music, the colder weather, the time with friends and family.