I stole this from Heather, and it works out well because it answers the first question she had: How did Stephen and I meet?
1. Where/how did you meet: We both went to Union and met there because we had some mutual friends, but we didn’t really hang out or anything. I did drive him and some other people to see Star Wars: Episode 3, and apparently I insulted his singing (with the old “Who sings that song/why don’t we keep it that way?”comment). He remembers this, but I don’t because of course I never say things like that. 🙂
2. How long have you known each other: Um, I’m not exactly sure, but I am going to go with 6 or 7 years.
3. How long after you met did you start dating: A long time. Though we probably met in 2001 or 2002, we did not start dating until 2006, when I was in grad school at UT Knoxville and Stephen was working in Jackson. Stephen found my profile on MySpace, sent me a message, then I replied back. Before I knew it we were messaging several times a day, then we started talking on the phone and the rest is history. 🙂
4. How long did you date before you were engaged: Not very long! We started dating on May 5, 2006 and got engaged on Aug. 4, 2006. I’m sure some people probably thought we were crazy, but we just knew it was right, and we didn’t have any reason to wait. You can read the engagement story (and more about how we started dating) here.
5. How long was your engagement: Too long! I had to finish my second year of grad school, so we didn’t get married until June 2, 2007, 10 months after we got engaged.
6. How long have you been married: 2 years, 5 months, and 17 days. 🙂
7. What is your anniversary: June 2, 2007
8. How many people came to your wedding reception: I think about 150.
9. What kind of cake did you serve: The wedding cake was alternating layers of french vanilla and carrot cake, which is my favorite kind of cake. The groom’s cake was an amazing chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and strawberries on top. It was soooo good.
11. What did you serve for your meal: Since our wedding was at 1:00 p.m., we served hors d’oeuvres. I didn’t eat much of it so I can’t remember exactly what we had, but I know there was a chocolate fountain. 🙂
12. How many people were there in your bridal party: 4
13. Are you still friends with them all: Yes, though we don’t keep in touch as well as we should.
14. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony: I cried a ridiculous amount, through most of the vows.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day: Getting married to Stephen would have to be the highlight. 🙂 I also loved that Stephen’s dad, who is a pastor, performed the ceremony. I might be a little biased, but I think it was one of the most meaningful wedding ceremonies I have ever heard.
16. Any funny moments: You can read about the infamous wedding present I gave Stephen here.
17. Any big disasters: Not at the wedding itself, but we did get ourselves locked out of the car while eating dinner at TGI Friday’s in Jackson. I had a minor meltdown in the parking lot because we were on our way to Nashville, and we couldn’t get in touch with anyone because everyone still had their phones off after the wedding. Finally, Stephen’s coworker Paul came by and took us to our apartment, where I ran inside and found a spare key.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon: Chattanooga, TN. We stayed in Nashville at the Embassy Suites on Saturday night and then drove on to Chattanooga Sunday morning. Chattanooga is one of my favorite cities, and we had so much fun.
19. How long were you gone: 5 days
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change: I would make absolutely certain that we got pictures taken with everyone! We didn’t get pictures of us with our grandparents, and that really breaks my heart.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on: The right side. It’s weird, but in our other apartment, I slept on the left side.
22. What size is your bed: Queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple: Our friendship. Stephen and I are each other’s best friend, and we genuinely love to spend as much time as possible together. We have so much fun together, and we can be completely ourselves. He brings out the best in me.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple: My inability to handle conflict. I tend to shut down if we are disagreeing about something, instead of trying to talk through it.
25. Who literally pays the bills: Stephen
26. What is your song: “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
27. What did you dance your first dance to: We didn’t dance at our wedding. We did dance to Michael Buble in Stephen’s kitchen on one of our first dates, though. 🙂
28. Describe your wedding dress: The dress I wore was the first dress I tried on. My mom made me try on others, but I knew it was the one. It was a strapless A-line gown with a thick fuschia band at the waist and a gorgeous train trimmed with the same color fuschia. Here’s a view of the back, which I loved:
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No, they aren’t.
Feel free to fill this out if you’re married. If you do, link to your post in the comments!