Friday Five: Favorite Power Ballads
Any child of the 80s remembers the power ballads and hair bands, and here is my list of favorite power ballads. And if some of these don’t fit your definition of power ballad, then make your own list. 😉
1. Journey, “Faithfully” (one of my favorite songs of all time)
2. Foreigner, “I Want to Know What Love Is”
3. Firehouse, “When I Look Into Your Eyes”
4. REO Speedwagon, “Keep on Loving You”
5. Bad English, “When I See You Smile”
Honorable Mentions: “Can’t Fight This Feeling” by REO Speedwagon, “I’ll Be There for You” by Bon Jovi, “Open Arms” by Journey
Now, my July goals…
July starting weight: 189.8
July ending weight: 188.4
LOSS of 1.4 pounds for the month
That is less than stellar. I’m not gonna lie, I’m disappointed. BUT at least I didn’t gain, and I didn’t stay the same. I am just frustrated, I guess.
1. Burn at least 2500 calories a week. DONE. 3662 calories burned. How did I burn that many and not lose more weight?? And that only includes last Wednesday until this Tuesday. Goal 100% met for the month.
2. Run 2 miles 3 times a week. DONE. I finally pushed past the 2 mile barrier and ran 3 miles on Tuesday. Goal 100% met for the month.
3. Stay within my calorie range 6 of 7 days. For the month, I did not do well with this, but I did do well with this the last week.
4. Strength train at least 2 times a week. DONE. I finally had a week where I did this twice! Overall, however, this was the only week I achieved the goal.
1. Read 3 books. 2/3 COMPLETE. I read The Time Traveler’s Wife and Better Runs, but I did NOT finish the book on worry. Sigh.
2. Memorize 3 Scripture passages. FAIL. I really dropped the ball on this one. There is no excuse.
3. Organize the bookshelves. DONE. I finished this project, and I’m so glad it’s done! It was not fun moving all the books around, but I’m glad they are all organized now.
4. Organize the closets, particularly the master bedroom closet. DONE.
This month was really a mixed bag, and it was a difficult month. I battled varying illnesses for the first 3 weeks, and I struggled with being depressed over my lack of a job, but I am glad that I was able to accomplish some of my goals. I wish I had done better. I only met half of my fitness goals and half of my personal goals, and I need to work on that. Perhaps I just had too many goals. Maybe I’ll narrow it down to 6 goals or fewer for August. I’ll post those goals on Monday.
I’d love to hear what your favorite power ballads are or what your goals for August are!