I know these posts about goals are not the most interesting to read (okay, they’re the least interesting to read), but I truly believe that without goals, I flounder. Goals help me stay focused, they help me form a plan of attack, they motivate me. I encourage you to make them, whether they are fitness-oriented or otherwise.
With that said, here are my goals for July. Since the month is starting on a Wednesday, I’m going to make Wednesdays my day for weekly check-ins.
1. Burn at least 2500 calories a week. I like having a target to aim for, and I think 2500 is good because there will definitely be weeks I exceed that and weeks where it will be the perfect amount for lighter activity days.
2. Run 2 miles 3 times a week. I really want to get into a more regular running schedule (more on that in a future post), and setting this very low mileage goal will hopefully help me do that. If it goes well the first week, I will increase the mileage by .25 mile the next week.
3. Stay within my calorie range 6 of 7 days. Even after 18 months of losing weight, this remains one of the hardest things for me to do, so I feel like I need to keep it on the list indefinitely.
4. Strength train at least 2 times a week. I did well with this last month, but I need to keep in on my radar to make sure it truly becomes a habit.
1. Read 3 books. This number has worked well for me, so I’m sticking with it. I would like one of the books to be poetry, but that is the only stipulation I’m making this month.
2. Memorize 3 Scripture passages. My Scripture memory has really fallen off since the beginning of the year, so I want to revive that practice again as it’s so instrumental to my walk with Christ.
3. Organize the bookshelves. This will be a big project, as I am planning to first catalogue all the books, divide them into categories, and then re-shelve them using some system I haven’t quite figured out yet.
4. Organize the closets, particularly the master bedroom closet. This closet is a mess, and I will give my husband credit by saying that his side is immaculate, whereas my side? Not so much. I’m hoping that by cleaning it out I will unearth valuable antiques or lost money. (Of course I guess I would have needed to possess such things in the first place, so scratch that.)
My goals for this month are double the amount they were last month, so I definitely am being more ambitious. Hopefully that won’t end up kicking me in the pants but will turn out well!
What are your goals for July? Any book recommendations for me? Any favorite Bible verses I should memorize?