June starting weight: 194
Last week’s weight: 189.4
This week’s weight: 192.0
GAIN of 2.6 pounds (YIKES)
Week 3 was pretty wretched, to be completely honest. I didn’t even want to write this blog, but I know that part of being honest with myself and this process is not just blogging the good weeks and the victories but also the bad weeks and the failures. I only exercised 3 times this week, and while I could blame it on the allergy problems, knee problems, and “other” problems I encountered, the truth is that I took the easy way out and didn’t push myself. 3 days of exercise isn’t terrible, but when it is coupled with less-than-stellar eating, it’s a recipe for failure, and that’s what happened this week. I am not really sure what happened, except that I let laziness and self-pity win out over determination and commitment.
Here is my (completely depressing) report on my goals for the past week:
1. Run, bike, or walk at least 18 miles a week. NOT DONE. I only logged 9 miles this week. Pitiful.
2. Stay within my calorie range 6 out of 7 days a week. NOT DONE. I only stayed in range 4 out of 7 days.
3. Strength train at least twice a week. DONE. One of the few things I did right! My arms are still sore from Saturday’s session!
4. Lose 4 pounds. I’d like to lose more, but will be happy with 4.
Since I met this goal in week 1, my new goal was to lose 3 more pounds. At this point, I will be happy to reach my original goal of 4 pounds lost.
5. Read 3 books: one I’ve already read, one fiction, and one non-fiction. MAKING PROGRESS. I am still reading Running Scared, and if I finish that I will start the first book in the Little House on the Prairie series (how fun is that??).
If you can’t tell, I am really unhappy with myself about my performance this past week, and I am determined that week 4 will be a completely different story. I really want to end June on a high note, so it’s time to stop making excuses and start seeing results!