June SW: 194
June CW (as of Monday morning): 189.6
Loss of 4.4 pounds in week 1
WHAT?? I couldn’t believe it when I saw that on the scale! I lost all my vacation weight and a little extra. Woohoo! I hope it’s not a crazy fluke. It very well could be, as I was 191.2 on Friday, so I lost 1.6 pounds over the weekend? Hmm…I just won’t check the scale for a while. Haha.
Now, on to check the progress of my June goals. I decided that I like having monthly goals, so I am just going to be better about remembering them, and checking in once a week should do the trick.
Progress so far:
1. Run, bike, or walk at least 18 miles a week. Week 1: 21.4 miles! DONE!
2. Stay within my calorie range 6 out of 7 days a week. Week 1: I stayed in range 5 out of 7 days, which is an improvement, but I can do better.
3. Strength train at least twice a week. Week 1: DONE. I have to confess that my second session was pretty half-hearted, however, so this week the plan is to give it 100%!
4. Lose 4 pounds. I’d like to lose more, but will be happy with 4. Week 1: DONE! New goal: Lose 3 additional pounds (I’m not expecting any other crazy weight losses).
5. Read 3 books: one I’ve already read, one fiction, and one non-fiction. I should easily accomplish this since I am only teaching one class this month. Week 1: I’m re-reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix so I can re-read HP and the Half-Blood Prince next month in preparation for the movie. I have about 100 pages left, then I will start on a book called Running Scared: Fear, Worry, and the God of Rest. Not that I need to read that because I never worry. Right. 😉
All in all, week 1 was a fantastic week! I even ran 5 days out of the week, which is a new record for me, and Thursday’s run was a 10:58 average pace. I’m feeling good and kickin’ some June butt!
How are you doing with your goals?