This list is hardly exhaustive, but it does include shows that I love and could watch episodes of over and over again.
1. Gilmore Girls. If you know me at all, you know that I love this show. I loved it from the very first episode and continued to watch it faithfully until the end (even though the quality of the storylines diminished over time). There isn’t a show with wittier dialogue and more intriguing characters, in my opinion.
Favorite episodes: The Pilot; The Deer Hunters (when Rory hits a deer on her way to take an English test and then totally flips out in class because Mr. Medina won’t let her take it); Love, Daisies and Troubadors (when Max proposes to Lorelai and Rory and Dean make up and have an amazing kiss in front of Chilton); Luke Can See Her Face (when Luke realizes he’s in love with Lorelai); Raincoats and Recipes (when Luke and Lorelai kiss for the first time); Written in the Stars (Luke and Lorelai’s first date); You Jump, I Jump, Jack (when Logan introduces Rory to the Life and Death Brigade); the entire second and third seasons 🙂
2. Boy Meets World. I have seen every episode of this show as well, and I literally grew up watching it. It will always be close to me heart, even though it too lost quality as it progressed. (And it made me crazy that the character of Eric went from being this happy-go-lucky heartthrob to a complete goober.)
Favorite episodes: when Cory is cast as Hamlet in the school play and then quits; when Cory and Topanga make up while at SeaWorld; when Cory and Shaun lead the class to strike after reading The Grapes of Wrath; when Shaun finds a girl’s purse and falls in love with her because of the contents, and he realizes it’s his friend Angela.
3. The Cosby Show. Classic comedy. I love it.
Favorite episodes: when Rudy’s fish dies (Vanessa: “Your fish has decreased.”); when Theo wants to move out and Cliff uses Monopoly money to demonstrate how he will barely be able to survive; when the whole family lip syncs to the Ray Charles song “The Night Time is the Right Time” (and Rudy sings “Babyyyy, Babyyyy, Oh Baby Baby!” Watch it here); when Denise tries to make Theo a knockoff designer shirt.
4. The Office. So many quotable lines and funny scenarios. And of course, Jim and Pam! Love it.
Favorite episodes: Diversity Day (when Michael runs his own diversity training course); The Injury (when Michael burns his foot on his George Foreman); Casino Night (Jim and Pam kiss); Gay Witch Hunt (Oscar is outed by Michael); Fun Run (Michael hits Meredith with his car).
5. LOST. I am often completely blown away by what happens on this show. It has some of the best characters on television.
Favorite episodes: Confidence Man (when we first learn about Sawyer’s con man past); What Kate Did (when we see what Kate did that made her a fugitive); Live Together Die Alone (when the Losties decide to wage war against the Others and then some are taken hostage); One of the Them (when we first meet Ben, who was then calling himself Henry Gale); Dave (when Hurley and Libby bond); Greatest Hits (when Charlie dies trying to save the others); The Constant (when we learn more about Desmond’s past and his relationship with Penny)
What are some of your favorites?