I saw this on facebook, and I thought it would be interesting to see how many my readers can guess. I’ve listed 12 quotes from my favorite movies, and your job is to guess what movie the quote comes from. DON’T cheat by using Google or IMDB!
1. “I find the key is to think of a day as units of time, each unit consisting of no more than thirty minutes. Full hours can be a little bit intimidating and most activities take about half an hour. Taking a bath: one unit, watching countdown: one unit, web-based research: two units, exercising: three units, having my hair carefully disheveled: four units. It’s amazing how the day fills up, and I often wonder, to be absolutely honest, if I’d ever have time for a job; how do people cram them in?”
2. “Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but valuable. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven’t been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn’t it be the other way around? I don’t really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void.”
3. “She is tolerable, I suppose, but not handsome enough to tempt me.”
4. “What we got here is… failure to communicate.”
5. “Now you’re looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.”
6. “Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.”
7. “Well I’m not looking for a mail-order bride! I just want somebody I can have a decent conversation with over dinner. Without it falling down into weepy tears over some movie!”
8. “Very simple, really. With the original punctuation restored Death is no longer something to act out on a stage with exclamation marks. It is a comma. A pause.”
9. “It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip. It’s probably the best drawing I’ve ever done.”
10. “Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.”
11. “You just couldn’t let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren’t you? Huh? You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t kill you because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.”
12. “Can he love her? Can the soul be really be satisfied with such polite affections? To love is to burn – to be on fire, like Juliet or Guinevere or Eloise…”
Ready, set, go! Start guessing!