1. I went shopping on Sunday for new pants (I got tired of people saying to me, “Your pants are too big.”), and I am now in a size 16! (Well, in some brands anyway, but that’s a rant for another post.)
2. I have been getting up just 2 minutes after my alarm goes off. This is a HUGE development, as I have been staying in bed for about 20 minutes after my alarm goes off. This Monday I told myself I was going to get up quickly, and I did, and then I did it again today. I’m determined to make this a habit.
3. Because I’ve been getting up earlier, I’ve been able to go to the gym and workout, which is good because I burn more calories on the cardio machines there than at home.
4. I am staying on top of things I need to do for school, so there’s been not as much last minute planning. It helps that this is the 5th time I’ve taught this course (in less than 2 years!).
5. I am in love with fruit! I crave it, especially grapes and tangerines and clementines.
1. I peaked at the scale on Monday morning, and I’m UP half a pound from the last time I weighed! I’m not even sure I want to weigh in again on Saturday to see my month-end weight, since now I feel that there’s little hope of being below 200 pounds, but I need to do it, if only to slap myself back into shape.
2. I’ve been rather lax with the eating. I have had too much movie theater popcorn and pizza lately. Both of those are foods I could eat for days, and I need to recognize that and exert more willpower. All the exercise in the world won’t matter if I eat my weight in junk!
3. I am out of a job come summer, and this stresses me out just slightly. And by “slightly” I of course really mean “extremely”.) I’m trying to trust, though.
Well, what do you know, the good outweighs the bad! Life, it seems, is good. 🙂