I’m not making resolutions, I’m making goals. I’m a fan of goals; I think it’s really important to have goals because otherwise there’s the possibility of ending up stagnant and unfulfilled. I’m determined to work at each of these goals, and I also hope to formulate monthly goals to accompany these larger goals. For now, here are goals I hope to achieve in 2009.
1. Memorize at least 20 passages of Scripture.
2. Read at least 20 books this year. (I know that’s a pitifully low number, but I honestly don’t have time to read a lot when I’m teaching.)
3. Be intentional about prayer. I will make a prayer list and spend time daily in prayer and Bible study.
4. Learn how to knit or crochet. I really want to learn how to do this, so I will find a way!
5. Find more ways to serve at church or in the community.
6. Blog at least 2 times a week.
Fitness/Weight Loss Goals:
1. Lose 50 more pounds
2. Get into a size 14 or 12
3. Lose 10 more inches from my waist
4. Go from the “obese” to “overweight” BMI range. (I’d like to be in the “healthy” range, but for me that’s at 155 at the highest, and I probably won’t go that low.)
5. Feel good in a bathing suit this summer!
6. Get rid of diet soda!
7. Aim for 1000 fitness minutes a month.
8. Walk a mile in 13:30.
9. Go from using mainly 8-pound dumbbells to 12-pound ones.
10. Build more muscle mass!
11. Measure out portions.
12. Think before I eat.