I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and I have friends who have made lists, and then Stephen and I just watched Bucket List last weekend, so it’s time. Here is my own list of things I want to do before I die.
1. Own a home.
2. Have at least one child.
3. Lose 100 pounds (63 to go!).
4. Visit all 7 continents (I’ve been to Africa, Europe, Asia, and of course, North America, so all that’s left are Australia, South America, and Antarctica).
5. Visit Italy and ride in a gondola and see the Trevi Fountain and St. Peter’s Basilica (among other things).
6. Ride in a hot-air balloon.
7. Go sky-diving.
8. Visit all 50 states.
9. Sew an item of clothing. (Or at least learn to sew on a button. How sad is it that I can’t do that?)
10. Take a picture of the perfect sunset.
11. Stay up all night and watch the sunrise.
12. Sleep under the stars on the beach.
13. Go to SeaWorld.
14. See a whale in the wild.
15. Ride a camel in Egypt.
16. Kiss in the rain.
17. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
18. Surprise a stranger with $100.
19. Lie in a hammock on an island beach.
20. Run a 5k. (Hey, I have to start small.)
22. Walk 15 miles in one day.
23. Learn all the correct swimming strokes.
24. Make a quilt.
25. Go to New York City during Christmastime.
26. Kiss underneath mistletoe.
27. Write a novel.
28. Read 100 books in a year.
29. Take Stephen to a World Series game.
30. Throw a fancy dinner party (thanks for the idea, Renee!)
31. Stay in a cozy mountain cabin with Stephen for a week (preferably in the fall or winter).
32. Go sailing in an ocean.
33. Catch a fish.
34. Write a children’s book.
35. Teach my nephew and my future children about Jesus.
36. See 5 people come to know the Lord.
37. Cook a meal without measuring anything.
38. Find the perfect red dress.
39. See a Broadway show.
40. Go snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef.
41. Teach all the world that “a lot” is two words!
Okay, so the last one is kind of a joke, but seriously people, if you read this blog and learn nothing else from me, learn that one thing: “alot” is NOT a word!
It looks like I’m going to need a good amount of money to accomplish the things on this list. Or a lot of frequent flyer miles. 🙂 Stephen, we need to start saving now!
What’s on your list?