Highlights from my weekend:
1. Eating at Olive Garden with my parents. Yummy.
2. Seeing my friend Erin and her 3-week-old little girl. I stayed the night with her on Friday because her husband went out of town, and we had such a sweet time together. It was so wonderful to just hold a baby.
3. Shopping with my friend Lindsay on Saturday. The shopping itself wasn’t fun because it took a really long time and everyone and their dog was at the mall or the surrounding vicinity this weekend (naturally), but it was my only chance to see Linds before she departed for Costa Rica for the whole break.
4. Starbucks on Saturday night with Lindsay. We had a good heart-to-heart, and it did me a world of good.
5. Learning how to play Texas Hold ‘Em after church tonight. I stink at poker, but it was lots of fun since we don’t actually play with real money. Maybe I’ll get better at it.
That’s all for now. My dad’s study (where I’m typing this) is cold, and my warm bed is calling my name. To those of you who have to go to work tomorrow, you have my most heartfelt sympathy.
Oh, and I totally forgot to ask if anyone else watched The Apprentice finale and was totally shocked at the completely jerky behavior of Randal in the last 2 minutes. I was so mad! I mean, I understand he wanted to win and all, but why would it have been such a huge deal for Trump to hire Rebecca too? I lost all respect for Randal because of his comments at the end of the show. He was just too petty.